Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Food!

Well, we were planning on holding off feeding Anders jar food until he hit 5 months; however, Charlie had other ideas. Saturday, December 18th, I went shopping late that evening to finish up on our Christmas presents. Charlie had been sick the 3 weeks prior, so I left late figuring the baby would be asleep and Charlie wouldn't have to do much and could rest.

I was only gone 1 hour...as I was driving home, Charlie called and asked where I was and told me that Anders woke up and they had played some and then he fed him. Which, would be fine until he told me that he fed him...GREEN BEANS! Of course, my first thought was that he had fed him real green beans, but no, he meant he fed him a jar of baby food green beans. So, his FIRST jar food, was green beans, WITHOUT ME! I could not control myself - I started bawling and squalling driving down the interstate and had to get off the phone.

Charlie didn't quite understand why it was so important for me to be there for his first feeding. I didn't even have any pictures. Just a dirty bib that was covered in green mush. So, the following day I decided to go ahead with feeding him jar food regularly and started with apples. He LOVED it! Didn't take him long to adjust to the spoon and he would have it down and mouth open by the time I was able to scoop up some more.

The pictures aren't the best and we no longer feed him in the bouncer, as he likes to kick like a pro soccer player, but here they are...

Mommy's little apple dumpling!
Oh, and Charlie now knows that no "firsts" are allowed to take place without me. Well, at least the ones we have control over. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment