Months ago we had planned to have Thanksgiving here in Alabama at our house. Charlie loves to cook and has been dying to try out some of his newest recipes. And we figured since we'd have Anders that it would just be easier if everyone met at our house instead of us making the rounds and spending all day in the car. But, with everything that happened with Leslie, the last thing I wanted to do this year was mess with tradition. I wanted to keep everything the same for everyone so they were most comfortable, especially my mom and my nephew.
So, Georgia it was! We left Thanksgiving morning and headed to my Nana & Pop's house for our lunch feast. There was an air of sadness, but it was quickly replaced with happiness, love and thankfulness as we fondly remembered Thanksgivings past. It was wonderful, as usual, and we let Anders sample some of the fare. He especially liked the mashed potatoes mixed with the cheese from the mac & cheese. Then we headed over to Charlie's parent's house for dinner. I'm not sure what all Charlie fed Anders there because he was sitting in his bouncer next to him and was out of my line of sight. I do know that he LOVED the sweet potato/banana casserole. His little face and bib were covered with it after the meal. I wish I had taken a photo of it.
Speaking of photos here are just a few:
So, Georgia it was! We left Thanksgiving morning and headed to my Nana & Pop's house for our lunch feast. There was an air of sadness, but it was quickly replaced with happiness, love and thankfulness as we fondly remembered Thanksgivings past. It was wonderful, as usual, and we let Anders sample some of the fare. He especially liked the mashed potatoes mixed with the cheese from the mac & cheese. Then we headed over to Charlie's parent's house for dinner. I'm not sure what all Charlie fed Anders there because he was sitting in his bouncer next to him and was out of my line of sight. I do know that he LOVED the sweet potato/banana casserole. His little face and bib were covered with it after the meal. I wish I had taken a photo of it.
Speaking of photos here are just a few:
No comments:
Post a Comment