Monday, July 26, 2010

Lazy Bugger!

My active little man decided to give me a scare yesterday/this morning. He was being very lazy yesterday and just not moving much at all. Even at his normal active times, he was barely poking. I decided that since I had a dr. appt. scheduled for this morning that I would continue to monitor it and bring it up to Dr. Jones. Well, at my appt. the nurse put the doppler on my stomach and searched...and searched...and searched for a heartbeat. After what seemed like an eternity (and after my own heart had just about stopped), she finally found it. He has dropped so much, that she was practically inside my va-jay-jay before she found it. To say I was relieved is an understatement.

When Dr. Jones came in, she checked me and I'm a fingertip dilated; better than nothing I suppose. She seemed concerned about the lack of movement and scheduled me for a NST right then. I hated that I was having to do it, mostly for fear of the results, but it was really neat to see how the heartbeat, movement and contractions all correspond with each other. After a little bit of prodding and some Pepsi, he decided to cooperate and she said that the results were good, however she does want to see me back this Thursday. I didn't get to talk directly to her as she was in Labor & Delivery with an emergency, so I don't know what exactly will take place on Thursday. Everyone seems to think she may take him early. And while I really don't want to be induced, I do want him to be ok and if she deems it necessary, then I'm willing to do it.

He's still not moving as much as I'd like, but I'm chalking that up to the fact that he is really running out of room. I'm about to go down some Hawaiian Punch to see if that gets his little baby ass in gear! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment