Well, I have less than a month to go before this journey ends and another scary, albeit fulfilling, journey begins. Charlie and I are so ready to meet Anders! I am definitely getting nervous, but so excited. I have decided that I am going to try my best for a natural birth. My mom did it with all 5 of us and I just really want to have that experience. Of course, if things get harry I am not too proud to ask for the drugs! Charlie is trying to be supportive, but I think he's hoping I take the drugs - he doesn't want to see me in pain. Hopefully, I can tough it out.
Monday I had my first weekly appointment. She did my Group B Strep test - which was so quick I didn't even realize that I had been violated...twice! LOL! Then she checked me. I had already prepared myself for the worst possible pain, but it wasn't really painful at all, just uncomfortable. I am not dilated any, but my cervix is very soft. She said that's normal for 36 weeks and that so far so good. Everything else was in order and I'm scheduled to go back every Monday until my due date. Fingers crossed that I'll be in the hospital already on August 9th and won't have to have an appt. Ha!
We are almost finished with the nursery! It's been a slow process, but everything is pretty much in place. I bought an espresso 2-shelf bookcase at Target (thanks to the girls at Gwinnett Daily Post for the giftcard!) and it matches the crib/changing table dresser perfectly! Charlie's mom had the rocker chair shipped to the house and we put that together this past weekend and I love it! It's so comfortable! I just have a few more decorations to put up and I need to arrange his closet a little more (it's currently housing some of our extra linens and comforters right now) and we'll be set!
Next up is the hospital bag. Gotta be prepared!
Monday I had my first weekly appointment. She did my Group B Strep test - which was so quick I didn't even realize that I had been violated...twice! LOL! Then she checked me. I had already prepared myself for the worst possible pain, but it wasn't really painful at all, just uncomfortable. I am not dilated any, but my cervix is very soft. She said that's normal for 36 weeks and that so far so good. Everything else was in order and I'm scheduled to go back every Monday until my due date. Fingers crossed that I'll be in the hospital already on August 9th and won't have to have an appt. Ha!
We are almost finished with the nursery! It's been a slow process, but everything is pretty much in place. I bought an espresso 2-shelf bookcase at Target (thanks to the girls at Gwinnett Daily Post for the giftcard!) and it matches the crib/changing table dresser perfectly! Charlie's mom had the rocker chair shipped to the house and we put that together this past weekend and I love it! It's so comfortable! I just have a few more decorations to put up and I need to arrange his closet a little more (it's currently housing some of our extra linens and comforters right now) and we'll be set!
Next up is the hospital bag. Gotta be prepared!
No comments:
Post a Comment