June 19th was an extremely busy day! We had 2 separate baby showers that were being thrown for us in a period of 6 hours! Charlie's family threw us a shower that morning and we were given lots of baby goodies! We received a travel system (stroller and car seat), a wonderful "manly" diaper bag that even Charlie can be happy to carry, a handmade blanket, a bouncer, tons of clothes and probably the most important thing: a fishing pole! My father-in-law, Steve, actually builds fishing rods as a hobby business, but he didn't build this one, he just put a little rebel sticker on it and will put Anders' name on it soon. It's bigger - one that he won't be able to use until he's probably 5 or so, but it's wonderful. Hopefully, this child loves fishing as much as his father and grandfather or else...haha.
My best friend Katie was so sweet in throwing me a shower for my friends and my family! It turned out very lovely, complete with spinach-artichoke dip, veggie pizza, chicken salad sandwiches and...(drum roll please)...homemade CHEESECAKE! Yes, the food may have been my favorite part. Seeing my friends and family was a very close second though - kidding! I received another set of wonderful baby goodies and tons of giftcards. Diapers, wipes, even more clothes and a gorgeous blue piggy bank (it's so cute!). I'm on the lookout for a 2010 penny to put in it, because I want that to be his first "monies" (what I called money when I was about 2). It was a beautiful shower - they both were - and we are lucky to have friends and family that are so generous and willing to help us welcome our little boy into the world!
Yesterday was another doctor appointment. I got to meet Dr. Edwards (dubbed the cute dr. by all of the other girls who use the same practice) and he was the nicest guy. All of the dr.'s in my practice are wonderful and I'm not nervous at all about which one will be on call when Anders decides to make his entry. Anyway, everything is running perfectly and my next appt. will be July 12th, at which time they will check me and test me for Group B Strep. I'm excited to start seeing the doctors weekly and to see where I stand as far as progression. Anders feels huge, at times stretching clear across my belly and often rolling around right underneath my boobs while at the same time bashing me in the bladder. I had some bad cramping yesterday and I'm sure I've started to experience braxton-hicks contractions some this past week, but Dr. Edwards said not to worry unless they start to increase in frequency as would real contractions. A part of me feels that this baby will not wait until August 9th, but you never know.
And here are some more maternity photos:
No comments:
Post a Comment