Saturday, July 4, 2009

Shot Master!

I was extremely nervous all the way up until the HSG procedure, but it was only about 10 minutes of uncomfortable groin bearing and then it was done. The radiologist said everything looked great and Dr. Jones (my GYN) said that her mother had a similar procedure done 53 years ago and she was the result. She said that the HSG would make this month and the next the very best for getting impregnated. Very encouraging. Love her!

Friday I was back at the RE's office so an ultrasound could be performed to determine if I would be able to start Follistim. My ultrasound was great! I had a good number of follicles and 2 or 3 that looked really big and may be able to mature with the injections. Then the nurse realized that my Follistim rx had not been called in yet and the only pharmacy that carries it was closed for the holiday. Thanks to Southern Pharmaceuticals on call, Tracy, who came in to get my shots together, or I wouldn't have a chance this cycle.

And thanks to Charlie for being so supportive as I struggled to give myself the Follistim shots. The needle was tiny, but for some reason I just couldn't do it. Finally, I just shoved it in and never felt a thing. It was so easy! I'm an official Shot Master now and am actually looking forward to shoving more needles into my poor, plump belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment