Friday, June 5, 2009

Nothing

This past weekend we camped out at the Lake Guntersville State Park. There were SO MANY PEOPLE! The only campsites they had left were primitive ones, which means we had no water or electrical hookup for the boat. There was the bath house where one could #1/#2/shower/brush teeth in front of about 1,000 other people, so that was a plus.

The lake was beautiful. Of course, we had to go the hottest weekend of the year so far, but it was nice. I laid out and actually got an ounce of color on my pale, pasty skin. We fished for probably about 13 hours total over the two day period and guess what I caught? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Figures.

***

Today was cycle day 19. I've been testing like crazy, hoping to see that smiley face indicating ovulation, but no such luck. I did not ovulate this month. That's a major setback. I don't know if it's the cyst or what, but it's pissing me off.

Everyone keeps telling me not to stress about it and I try not to, but how do you not think about it? I mean, everyday is something:
  • Morning - take temp, take prenatal vitamin, take meds for PCOS
  • Afternoon - pee on ovulation strip and see a negative
  • Nite - do the nasty nasty with the hubby in the hopes that the ovulation kit was a fluke and we may get pregnant after all

It's a never ending cycle. However, I have been a little more cautious lately than I was when we first started trying a year ago. Realistically, I know that it could take us a while and I really am enjoying myself a long the way, but sometimes the pressure is too much.

The last week in July, we go to Canada for a week. Depending on the timing of my cycle, we may not officially try next month. I won't be here for 5 or 6 days and that's years in infertility terms, so getting to the dr. in a timely manner will not work. I think I may decide to take next month off and just rest and enjoy our vacation without having that pressure.

Jeepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment