Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Third Cycle - CD 10

I went to the doctor today. I was really only expecting bloodwork and possibly a hCG shot (a shot that triggers my body to ovulate), but of course the evil forces of the world crashed down upon me. The nurse has to do an ultrasound - vaginally. Now, if you asked me 5 months ago about a vaginal ultrasound I wouldn't have been able to provide any information. But now, I can say I know that wand with the 'love glove' covering it and the oh-so-nice glob of surgical gel dangling off the end, extremely well. Too well. And I don't mind vaginal ultrasounds (I mean, hell, I'm trying to get pregnant so objects in my nether region is not a foreign concept), however I do mind them when they bring bad news.

My left ovary seems to have opened itself like a soup kitchen and has let a varmint come into the mix. By varmint I obviously mean cyst. This is not good news. All of my ducks were all lined up neatly as of last week. I took the highest dose of Clomid that they give (150mg - which ironically is probably the cause of the cyst being so large), had no cyst as of last Wednesday and have a husband that's on call this entire week just in case that smiley pops up on the ovulation prediction strip I religiously look forward to peeing on everyday. All that shot to hell with that one lousy bum of a cyst hanging around. And ooh boy does it hurt. After being poked and proded with the wand, my ovary felt it necessary to complain about it all day. Misery.

No hCG shot. Can't make your body ovulate when there is a boulder of cyst sitting in the road. The shot would just irritate it. The nurse was able to show Charlie how to give me the shot for when the time comes and all he can think of now is "what-ifs". 'What if I stick it in and then faint and you've got a needle hanging out your butt'? That question slightly frightens me, but I'll give him and his sissy-self the benefit of the doubt.

So we're back on our own for the remainder of the month. I'll keep peeing, hoping for that smiley. We'll knock boots as much as possible. And I go back to the dr. in two weeks to do a Progesterone bloodwork to see if I ovulated on my own.

***

Saturday we went to Logan Martin lake and went fishing. It was awesome. I outfished Charlie for the first time in a long time. I haven't even caught anything this year up until now, so I was proud. This weekend we're going to Lake Guntersville to camp and fish. I'm excited about that. Just getting out of the house and keeping my mind off my cyst-ridden body is an exciting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment