Monday, June 22, 2009

Legal!

Got the email today...I'm officially a legal citizen in the eyes of the passport police. I had applied in early May, just one day after my darling husband and hadn't heard anything back. Checked the website, saw that my application had been processed, but no passport. Meanwhile, Charlie is secure; visions of carelessly traipsing around the world bouncing through his head, no doubt! Then I received a notice saying that the government didn't have enough evidence that I was who I said I was. Little ole' me. Nobody important, but scary enough to raise a red flag somewhere deep in the crevices of the passport police aka "CIA". I submitted everything I could and considered sending off bloodwork, DNA sample, urine sample and my fingerprints. I waited and waited and alas, got the aforementioned email of confirmation (verbatum):

"Tamisha Snead Broadwell, we commend you for your unflailing patriotism and neverending duty to this country. We apologize for our incorrect assumption that you were a horrible, hideous evil-doer. We have seen the light and now realize that you are a sweet, caring and loving individual, not to mention, highly intelligent, who wants nothing more than to leave this country for a brief amount of time, so she can share the greatness of this land with others. Your passport will arrive wrapped in gold and delivered by the President himself. Good day!"

I'm glad they were able to come to their senses!

***

Today was cycle day 36 and I ventured on over to the RE's office for another round of pregnant woman juice (Progesterone shot). I was there for less than an hour, but yet managed to display my urine sample shuffle to everyone in the waiting area, which was about 10 people. When you see someone exiting with a clear cup heading for the bathroom, you know what's about to go down. I was just sure that it was going to me going down; tripping over the little one that was running around and spraying everyone with my treasured sample. I peed as little as possible, under the impression that in case of a fall, less is better. Fortunately, that did not happen. I looked no one directly in the eye and after submitting my specimen, sat quietly inspecing my nails until my turn for the infamous needle. It was a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment