My plan to save money for the Baby Fund is underway. Tiffany and I went to a class a few weeks ago to learn about using coupons and how to maximize them. It's pretty awesome how much money you can save, although you really have to change your way of thinking when it comes to buying weekly groceries. I'm excited to see how much I can save though. When we started saving for a house, it became kind of a game to see how much we could put in savings every week and we ended up saving thousands...hopefully it works out the same this time too.
This past weekend we went to Neely Henry Lake and it's only 40 miles from our house, no time at all. It was nice to get out in the boat and relax. Charlie caught some fish and I laid out on the deck and got some much needed sun. This weekend, if the weather cooperates, we're going camping/fishing out at Logan Martin lake, which is only about 45-50 miles away. I am really looking forward to that.
I am also looking forward to...a vacation! Finally! We are taking the last week in July off and going on a road trip! We are driving up north to Michigan and then on into Canada. Neither of us have been up that way and I've only been out of the country once (on our honeymoon to the Bahamas), so I'm super excited! We have to get passports too, which we've been meaning to do anyway (because those opportunities to travel outside the country come some frequently). We haven't had a real vacation since our honeymoon and it's been a long time coming. I also have 3 days off in November for our anniversary, so we'll have to start planning a little getaway for that soon as well.
The baby-making is coming along pretty good I think. This higher dosage of Clomid is definitely having an effect on me, which is a good sign. We've been going at it like rabbits so I'm thinking we have a really good shot this month. Fingers crossed. The vacations are nice because I actually have something to look forward to now and my mind is not constantly centered around babies. I have good feelings about the months to come. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment