It's sad that I know the nurses at the infertility clinic better than I know most of my friends these days. I went back today b/c my period was due on Tuesday and of course, nothing. They did a pregnancy test, which came back negative. No surprise there, I knew it would be. So, to jump start my period so I can start this whole monthly thing over again, she gave me a progesterone shot. I was all prepared with my shirt rolled up my arm, but then she told me to drop my drawers b/c she had to give it to me in my hip/butt. It didn't hurt. But what she failed to tell me prior to the shot was that it was made with oil (kind of like the consistency of melted Crisco) and the progesterone of a pregnant woman. Yes, I have some other pregnant woman's progesterone hormones inside me. Eeerie? Very much so. We'll see if those preggo hormones can get my body going.
I am relieved that the office is closed tomorrow. We got off early today too. I want to sleep in and do chores around the house when I see fit. That means the chores probably won't get done until late in the afternoon/evening, right before Travis is supposed to come over. He and Charlie are working on the boat some and then going fishing Saturday, so that day will definitely be a lounge day for me. I think I am going to cook a pot roast and make some peach cobbler for them. A co-worker of mine, Debbie, brought her big ass binder full of recipes to work yesterday and I copied about half the book. Can't wait to try some of them out.
No comments:
Post a Comment