Well, I'm officially a major blogger slacker! I'm not sure how I let a year and a half go by without posting, but somehow I managed it. A whole heck of a lot of things have changed...
Anders
My sweet, little baby boy, is now settled quite nicely into the terrible twos! It's not quite that bad, but he definitely has begun to try my patience here recently. I love him though! It's amazing to see how quickly he's changing and how fast he's learning.
A few Anders' recent life highlights:
- He is obsessed with Elmo. Barney, Cailou, Bob the Builder, Thomas the Train and Spiderman are all making attempts at overthrowing Elmo, but have yet to do so.
- He now sleeps in a toddler bed. We switched him over at about 19 months and he transitioned so well! It is adorned with Elmo bedding of course.
- Talking. So much talking! I have never told a child to shut up, but if I did, it would be to him. Haha! He talks so much. And mostly in sentences now, that Charlie and I can understand. It's frightening at how many new words he spouts off everyday. And the singing is constant as well. "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", "Old McDonald", "ABC's", and the Bob the Builder theme are our soundtracks these days.
- He has hair! It only took almost 2 years! He had his first haircut a month before his 2nd birthday and is almost in need of another one. I only had them trim it last time, because I love the few curls he has. He may go years before he receives anything but a trim.
- Potty-training. Kind of. One week he seems interested, the next, not so much. He lets me know when he's about to make poo-poo then runs off and hides while he does it, then asks me to change his diaper promptly. Sometimes when he has to pee, he makes an attempt to get to the toilet, but usually goes right after he spends 20 minutes on his potty playing with toys and I've given up and put him back in a diaper. I know he's still young, but it would be nice to be done with his diapers!
- He recently said "I Love You" for the first time. It was so sweet. And of course, he said it to his father first, but I'll forgive him. :-) The sweetest thing was that it was completely unprovoked. It was definitely a moment I wish I had on videotape.
Last year we put our house up for sale in May, hoping to sell it quickly and move to LaGrange, GA where Charlie would work in inside sales for his company. This would put us about an hour to an hour and a half from family and that would be awesome! The move was totally contingent on us selling our home and there was no time crunch. But after a TON of showings, a price reduction and a year of being on the market, we decided it would be best to take it off the market for a few months and try again later.
Another fairly large thing that contributed to this decision...
July 10, 2012 | 12:53pm
8 pounds 9 ounces
20.5 inches
That's right! We had another baby! She was what some may call an "oops!" We certainly weren't trying and given our history of having help getting pregnant, this was the last thing either of us thought would ever happen, but we are so glad it did! She is a beautiful baby and fits perfectly into our little family. Anders is in love with her and "helps" as much as he can. Usually that means he's shoving a paci into her mouth or trying to smother cover her with her blanket. Here he is reading to her:
Right now, we are still adjusting to having a toddler and a new little baby, but we're getting there. I went back to work last week, so Lena joined Anders at daycare. Week 1 went really well, so fingers crossed that will continue.
In a few months, after everything is back to normal, we are going to put our house up for sale again and can hopefully move a little closer to family & friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment