Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Weigh-In Wednesday: Week 1

3 months prior to getting pregnant with Lena, I joined Weight Watchers.  I still had about 10 pounds left over from my pregnancy with Anders and had another 40 pounds that's been hanging around since my mid-20's.  I was tired of being overweight and decided that since my best friend was getting married in April, I would set that as my goal date. 

I joined the first week of July 2011 and by mid-October I had lost 30 pounds!  I was well on my way and it wasn't even that hard.  I mean, sure I had to change my dietary habits, but it was totally manageable!  I was so excited about the coming months and how great I was going to look in my bridesmaid dress.  I looked forward to weighing in every week.  No woman looks forward to weighing herself, but I did. 

Then I started having excruciating pain in my abdomen on the right side and thought I had appendicitis, hell, the ER docs even thought I did.  That is, until the CAT scan results came back and there was nothing wrong with my appendix.  All they saw was what looked to be a small ovarian cyst. 

Fast forward 3 weeks later when I was at my grandmother's house and fell asleep in the middle of having a conversation with her.  She assumed I was overly tired from chasing a 14 month old boy around, but I knew what it was.  What that little "ovarian cyst" was.  The next day I took a test and there were those 2 lines staring back at me.  I bawled.  Mostly due to shock, but for a host of other reasons (i.e. we don't really want another child this soon, house is too small, can't afford another child, and ashamedly, the biggest: I just worked so hard to lose 30lbs!). 

So my weight loss journey came to end that day.  Ironically, it was the weight loss that made it able for me to get pregnant naturally.  It didn't take long for me to brush off those silly feelings and embrace my pregnancy.  I can lose weight any old time, but get pregnant without lots of money spent at the infertility specialist?  Better take advantage of that when I can. 

Of course, I gained weight during the pregnancy (not even close to what I gained with Anders, thank goodness!) and I've lost some, but not quite all, of it.  Now I have to start the weight loss journey again.  I did not join Weight Watchers again, we are trying to save as much money as possible since we're now having to pay two daycare bills, diapers, wipes, you get the idea. I'm using my WW literature and doing it on my own.  So here we are...my Week 1 Weigh-In. 


What?! You thought I was going to share my actual weight?  HAHAHA, no.  No one needs to know exactly how much this beast of a woman weighs.  No one.   

Anyway, YAY ME!  I know I won't keep that rate up in coming weeks, but it's a wonderful start!  Now I can look forward to Hump Day again for other reasons than humping.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment