Our trip to Georgia a few weeks ago was a good one. We had a great time visiting with family and staying out too late with old friends. Charlie was the one who had a really good time and yet I woke up with the hangover. The pollen hangover that is. It's been a good 3 weeks now that I've been suffering from allergies/sinus problems and I think I've finally beat it. I have been miserable. It's nice to be able to breathe from both nostrils at the same time!
The baby furniture came yesterday! For some reason Charlie has not yet put it together. It's not like he has a job that requires him to drive miles and miles to see different clients all over the state or anything...teehee. We should get it together sometime this weekend. It will look great in the newly painted nursery. The set we got is pictured below. After much price watching, I was able to find it for $30 cheaper than what we had planned on spending + free shipping, so we really got lucky.

This Friday is a dr's appt. I'm happy that it will be an uneventful one, because my 28 weeks checkup will involve sugary grossness and I'm not looking forward to it. Having PCOS, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm probably going to fail the glucose test. I sincerely hope I don't, but I ain't holding my breath. But that is still 4 weeks away, so I'll fret about that at a later date.
I bought a fetal heart monitor 2 weeks ago because Anders wasn't moving as much and I was letting my nerves get the better of me. I was, surprisingly, able to hear his heartbeat, albeit faint. That made me feel better about things and made me feel silly, because now he's almost too active...haha. His favorite times to let me know he's awake are first thing in the morning, usually about 20-30 minutes before my alarm goes off (thanks kid!); and right as I'm trying to fall asleep at night.
Me: "Ah, sleepy time" *closes eyes*
Baby: *hard kick to the nether regions*
Me: "Please child, let mommy sleep..." - several blissful minutes pass...-
Me: "Thank you!"
Baby: *swift kick to the uterus, shortly followed by a left-hook to the bladder*
That's my sweet boy! :)
On an unrelated note, my husband will be expecting another child this year. I think I may have failed to mention this here before, but we have purchased a new Phoenix bass boat and it is currently being "born" at the Phoenix plant as I type this. I was scolded for somehow overlooking this joyous occasion while speaking with extended family recently, so I'm getting the word out. Apparently, new baby = new boat. Geez, my bad for omitting that very important piece of information.
No comments:
Post a Comment