Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Big Face, Bigger Belly

It's amazing how many little things my pre-pregnant body did on a daily basis that I took for granted. For example: crossing my legs, shaving my legs, being able to sit Indian-style, bending at the waist, getting out of bed without having to roll off the side, etc. My belly is officially in the way! And it's getting bigger! Of course, this is to be expected. My face has also decided to plump up as well. As evidenced below:

22 weeks 1 day














25 weeks 2 days (today)














There is definite facial plumpage going on there!

My 24 week checkup went like normal. His heartbeat was very strong, the nurse also noted how active he was while she was using the doppler. My blood pressure and urinalysis were great too. I'm quite happy (and feel lucky) at how uneventful this pregnancy has been up to this point; with only 15 weeks left (give or take a few days), I hope it continues. As I've previously mentioned, my next appt. is my glucose test, scheduled for May 14th. I'm counting on my luck to pull me through that appt. with flying colors. If I do fail though, I want to fail miserably so I won't have to come back, because the thought of sitting there a 2nd time having to drink that stuff again over 3 hours will be horrible. So far my sis, Brittany, is the only one to tell me that the orange drink is good. She's definitely the minority. Yikes!

Not too much else going on these days. It seems the baby consumes my life right now. But I'm perfectly content with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment