Friday, February 5, 2010

Updates. Somewhat.

Whoa, it's almost been a month since I last posted. Not too much going on in the life of the Broadwells. I've started getting a lot of baby related stuff in the mail, so I'm pretty excited about that. I joined the Publix Baby Club and today I received an insanely huge book ("Caring for Your Baby and Young Child") and can't wait to start reading it, plus tons of coupons. Charlie keeps getting stuff in the mail like AARP membership cards and a Senior Circle group that wants him to join. I'm sure the mailman thinks that I was impregnated by a elderly gentleman and am after his money! HAHA!

Um...had my 12 week dr's appt on the 22nd of January. It went great! I was able to meet another one of the dr's in the practice, Dr. Swindle, and she was super sweet. They took my blood pressure, which was perfect, and found the baby's heartbeat: going strong at 165! Everyone is convinced it's a girl because of that number, but who knows. I have felt as it it's a girl from the beginning. Not sure why, just a feeling. It's strange, because I've always wanted a boy first, but when I think of this baby I automatically revert to girl mode. It's gonna drive me crazy until I find out in March. I still have a regular appt. in 2 weeks, which will be the same as last month: blood pressure and heartbeat check; I guess I'll have to be satisfied with that until then. ;)

I know "Poopy" (what we lovingly call the baby) looks a hell of a lot different now, but here are the first two ultrasounds we had after we found out:

12/3/09 - 4.3 weeks
Little Black Dot



12/14/09 -6 weeks
Small Black/White dot (top right)
Not the best pics, but there really isn't much to see. We'll have a better one in 6 weeks and an even better one at about 30-32 weeks, thanks to my mother-in-law, who is paying for a 3D ultrasound!

In other little people news: my genius nephew, Vonte is blowing my mind! He recently had a standardized test at school, he's in 1st grade, and earned a perfect score on it. We knew he was already at a 3rd grade reading level, but he is also excelling in math. He has already learned his multiplication tables!! At 6 years old! He's pretty amazing. All of my niece and nephews are amazing. Tre (9 years old) emails me on a normal basis and I'm astounded at how well he writes. And I love that he's so concerned with me and the baby. Precious! And I can't forget to mention how well-mannered they all are. I only hope that my child is as good. I don't know how they do it considering who their mothers are...hehe! I can't wait to see them again and I know that they will be proud little cousins when the baby gets here. ♥

1 comment:

  1. yay for babies! i got that same book from publix and its my bathroom book. lol. its a good book though. thats awesome about vonte! i cant believe the kids are that old. i wish i could have gotten a 3d ultrasound..well i kinda did but i didnt get any pics. the lady showed it to me but i wasnt paying to get pics or anything. i cant wait til you find out what you are having!! if its a girl i will have tons of girly stuff for ya!

    ReplyDelete