Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Staying a-bloat...

At 9 weeks along, I cannot really complain. Bloating is the name of the game now; the nausea has pretty much vanished, thanks to my new prenatal vitamin. I'm still having to eat frequently to keep it at bay, but there are a lot of things on my "want to eat" list right now so that's not too hard to do. Pizza is at the top. I haven't had much heartburn and when it does flare up, the Tums take care of it. I am still struggling with excessive fatigue. I just can't seem to get enough sleep! The holidays really messed me up; I took naps everyday we were off and some days it was for several hours. Everything I read says that this is entirely normal and that I should try to rest as much as possible, so I don't become weak. I wish they allowed nap-time at work.


Speaking of work, there are several girls who are due around the same time I am. My good friend Tiffany is about 7 weeks ahead of me and it's so exciting having someone close to me go through the same things at about the same time. Another girl has recently found out that she may be losing her baby. She is only 3 months along, so that strikes a little bit of fear in my heart/gut as I approach that mark. Usually people feel better about things after the first trimester, but anything can happen at any time. I feel for her. If something were to happen to my baby, even now, I would be heartbroken. Charlie and I have already become extremely attached to it, even though we know nothing is guaranteed. I try to stay focused on progressing and embracing the changes I'm going through.


We have already begun to discuss daycares. Apparently, they are in large demand when it comes to infants. Waiting lists up to 6 months long! Insane! So I've been doing some research on several in the area and have come up with one or two that Charlie and I will visit and kinda get a feel for. One of them is a local church that came highly recommended by two co-workers, as well as several people in a local internet forum. We're not looking to raise our child in a religious aspect (in any way), but if I'm gonna leave my child with someone other than my husband or extended family, safety and trust is of utmost importance and with so many people having a positive experience with the church, then it's worth looking into.


The same church is having a children's consignment sale in March. Tiffany, Tonya (who will have a 1 year old on Jan. 27) and I will definitely be going. It will be about 2 weeks before we found out what the sex of the baby is, but I can buy unisex clothing and toys, etc. They will also have some maternity clothing, so I may pick up some there. I don't plan on spending tons of money on something that I will only wear a few months, if that. For those of you who don't know, maternity clothes are pricey! I'll probably buy a few nice outfits for work, but other than that, no thanks. I'd rather spend that money on supplies for the baby. Maybe I won't gain too much weight and can wear Charlie's tees instead...yeah right! My ass is gonna be double the size by the time this baby makes an appearance!


The countdown is on for my next appt. (Jan. 22). I cannot wait to hear the baby's heartbeat again. It's so amazing that something with a heartbeat is living and growing inside me. So strange, but so natural. I can't explain how surreal it feels for me to think that in a few short months, I will have a child in my arms that Charlie and I created. Just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment