I'm really liking the 2nd trimester of pregnancy so far. I had serious doubts about all those "tales" people were telling about how the 2nd trimester is better than the 1st, with less nausea, more energy and just a general feeling better trend. I feel like my body is becoming mine again, aside from the weight gain and BABY MOVEMENTS!! Yes, that's right, I can feel the baby if I lay very still. It's always below my belly button and to the left a little. That's where the he/she has always been for heartbeat checks. It's the most amazing feeling. Just a little flicker and then it's gone. I wish Charlie could feel it.
I had my 16 week doctor visit last Friday. After scolding me about weight gain and then realizing that it's from water weight and the fact that I am no longer taking one of my daily meds (due to the effects it would have on a fetus, esp. a little boy), the nurse took my blood pressure - a pristine 100/60 - and then stuck the doppler on my bloated belly. I pointed to the direction Poopy was in last time and sure enough, there the baby was still pumping away in the mid 160's. She asked if I had felt movement and I said I thought so, but wasn't sure as this is my first, so she took the doppler and pressed it hard into my belly right where the baby was. Then we heard WHACK! The nurse jumped back and cried "The baby kicked back at me! Did you feel that?" I think I felt something, but I was so surprised by the loud noise, I didn't even pay attention to feeling. We either have a very active little boy or a mean little girl in there.
But...we should know on Thursday which it is!! Hopefully, anyhow. We are going to Virginia College where they have a ultrasound tech class and the students take their tests on actual pregnant women. The instructor will have them find certain parts of the baby, like the kidneys, heart, etc. So I'm getting an ultrasound for free! And they should be able to see what sex the baby is. We are so excited!! My actual anatomy scan at the dr's office is not until March 19th, but I just couldn't wait that long. We want to get started on buying the big things now, so it would be great to know now. But, if we are unable to see what sex our well-muscled kicking machine Poopy is, then we'll be happy with just seeing him/her again and getting a few pictures. Fingers crossed for a exhibitionist of a baby!
I had my 16 week doctor visit last Friday. After scolding me about weight gain and then realizing that it's from water weight and the fact that I am no longer taking one of my daily meds (due to the effects it would have on a fetus, esp. a little boy), the nurse took my blood pressure - a pristine 100/60 - and then stuck the doppler on my bloated belly. I pointed to the direction Poopy was in last time and sure enough, there the baby was still pumping away in the mid 160's. She asked if I had felt movement and I said I thought so, but wasn't sure as this is my first, so she took the doppler and pressed it hard into my belly right where the baby was. Then we heard WHACK! The nurse jumped back and cried "The baby kicked back at me! Did you feel that?" I think I felt something, but I was so surprised by the loud noise, I didn't even pay attention to feeling. We either have a very active little boy or a mean little girl in there.
But...we should know on Thursday which it is!! Hopefully, anyhow. We are going to Virginia College where they have a ultrasound tech class and the students take their tests on actual pregnant women. The instructor will have them find certain parts of the baby, like the kidneys, heart, etc. So I'm getting an ultrasound for free! And they should be able to see what sex the baby is. We are so excited!! My actual anatomy scan at the dr's office is not until March 19th, but I just couldn't wait that long. We want to get started on buying the big things now, so it would be great to know now. But, if we are unable to see what sex our well-muscled kicking machine Poopy is, then we'll be happy with just seeing him/her again and getting a few pictures. Fingers crossed for a exhibitionist of a baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment