So...MERRY CHRISTMAS! It seems crazy that it's already come and gone. Our living room is a mess; we still have our tree up, Wii boxes everywhere, stocking contents strewn about the couches and bags with tissue paper covering the floor...and we didn't even have Christmas here!
Our very short trip to Georgia went well. I think everyone liked the gifts we gave them, although the gift we got Courtney didn't work and I had used the receipt to spit my gum into the night before...figures.
We finally shared our big news with everyone! That being...we're pregnant! Finally. We found at Monday, Nov. 30th. I had a blood test scheduled for that morning and I wanted to take a pee test first thing, just in case it was positive I could tell Charlie face to face. I didn't think I was pregnant. I had been extremely fatigued over the Thanksgiving holiday, but I just thought I was getting sick.
So I peed on a stick first thing in the morning and was about to get in the shower when I saw the 2nd line appear on the test. I started crying and ran out of the bathroom, saying "Baby, I'm pregnant!"
Charlie sat straight up in bed, barely awake, said "Really? Oh my god!", then promptly laid back down and went to sleep. HAHA! Typical man.
We've had 2 ultrasounds to confirm the pregnancy. At the 2nd appt. with Dr. Stradtman, we were able to hear the heartbeat! He was able to make a dvd, so we'll always have it. He also released me to my regular OB, Dr. Jones. My first appt. with her was this past Monday (12/21/09) and all they did was go over my future visits, do a pap smear and take blood. I haven't heard anything back, so I'm taking that as good news. My next appt. is scheduled for Jan. 22nd. She'll just measure me and try to find the heartbeat using a doppler. We won't have another ultrasound until I'm about 19 weeks...about 11 weeks away. We should be able to find out the sex of the baby then.
As far as symptoms go, nausea and fatigue have really been the hard-hitters. I constantly have to eat to prevent the nausea, yet I don't want to eat hardly anything. And the fatigue puts me in bed by 9pm usually, if not before. Everyone says that the 2nd trimester is easier, hopefully that's true in my case.
I will post the 2 ultrasounds later. They aren't terribly interesting and there's not really much to identify, but it's still our sweet little baby. We are excited about our future and can't wait to progress. August 9, 2010 can't get here soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment