Since my last post a lot has happened. Dr. Stradtman put me on 100ui of Follistim this cycle and I finished that up on Tuesday. Wednesday, I went in for bloodwork and an ultrasound to see if it was time for take the Ovidrel trigger shot to make me ovulate. I had 3 mature follicles on the right ovary and 1 mature on my left. And my estradiol level was at 878 (great). Of course, he cautioned me about the possibility of having multiples if all follicles were fertilized, but the odds of that happening (and happening to me) are slim to none.
So, I took my trigger Wednesday night with projected ovulation Friday (today). Now I'm in what we fertility experts (HAHA - feels that way after going through this much) like to call the 2 week wait. I really do despise this part. I found myself analyzing every little symptom. And the urge to pee on a stick is overwhelming. I'm going to try and resist testing until around the 29th - that's when I go in for a blood test to confirm or deny whether or not this cycle was successful.
I hope the next 2 weeks do not drag on forever. This weekend and next, I will be busy so that will help pass the time. Tomorrow, we're getting together with some friends from work and their husbands and going to a haunted house. I can't wait - I love haunted houses. Last year we went with Blake and Tiffany, so we're starting a little tradition.
I'm heading to Georgia the later part of the week to hang out with friends and family. I'm going to visit my peeps at Gwinnett Daily Post and then Allison, Katie and I are going to paint! Can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment