Well, we came back from vacation about 2 weeks ago and I still haven't adjusted. There is something not quite right about working 52 weeks a year and only getting 1 week away from it all. We had a great time seeing the country and Canada and I was already planning our next big road trip before we were even safely in our own state!
Recently, I have been looking for more things to do, sans the hubby. I just figured we have been here for two years now and with him being out of town quite often, I need to get out there and exercise my brain and social skills a bit. I have looked into cooking classes, bowling leagues and other things and have settled, for now, on sewing. Nana, my incredibly wonderful and strong grandmother, taught me years ago how to sew by hand. It's something I have always been interested in, but never thought I had the time to commit to it. Well, now's the time. I bought a sewing machine last night and can't wait to hit the fabric store (which I still have yet to find...the only Joann's in the state is 300 miles away, but there is 2 Hobby Lobby's each about 35 miles away). It feels good to be interested in something again. I have been looking up all kinds of patterns and playing with all the different stitches. I'm a little inexperienced, but I'm sure I'll get better. If you notice me wearing any uneven seams or such, just ignore it (although, you will be allowed to snicker behind my back if you must). I'm really looking forward to creating some masterpieces...or a few throw pillows. :)
I find myself wondering if the nurses at the RE's office don't miss me as much as I don't miss them?! I have been able to focus on other things and not stress so much about the babymaking process. I tested using opk's and temped, but according to those I did not ovulate. Which is much of a surprise, but I was hoping for a little more considering that last cycle was so productive. I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious & antsy to get next cycle underway. I see how quickly pregnancies progress in such a short period of time and it makes me really want it sooner rather than later.
I have a regular yearly appt. next week with my GYN. (Why they can't test me while I'm there 339 times in one week for fertility purposes is beyond me!) Hopefully, everything will check out there and I can get back on track. I think the rest of my body is feeling neglected so it's started to complain quite often. Lately, chest and throat pain have been my plague and I can't quite figure out what it is. I'm 80% sure it is something similar to GERD (reflux issues), but I do not actually have any sort of reflux...just pain. I really need to go get it checked out, because when the pain hits, it's borderline paralysis. And then I get anxious and an anxiety attack is sure to follow. The thought of going to yet another doctor is maddening, but it needs to be done. I'll be begrudgingly scheduling an appointment in the morning. Hmpf!
No comments:
Post a Comment