Monday, January 21, 2013

New Year's Resolutions...

Typically, I just make the obligatory New Year's resolution (along with most of the nation), to lose weight and take charge of my health.  And I do hope to do that again this year.  Yeah, I know.  I started the Weigh-in-Wednesday posts and that lasted all of 2 weeks.  It was just a little too much for me to remember to post every week (2 kids, remember?!), so then I thought I'd do a monthly post...did  I mention I have 2 young kids?   

Anyway, I was able to get back down to pre-pregnancy/last Weight Watchers meeting weight on my own.  And I am so proud of myself for being able to do that.  Albeit, I had help from continuing to pump for Lena and the fact that I had to cut dairy out of my diet due to a (self) diagnosis of lactose intolerance.  I have lost about 16 lbs. since the beginning of September and hope to keep up the momentum.  

Another resolution is to get more ORGANIZED!  I mean, complete organizational overhaul in every aspect of my life, mainly our home!  It's a mess.  *Please refer to above statement regarding my procreation of 2 very young children.* I know, I know, tons of women are mommies to numerous young children, work full-time and are able to keep together a lovely, clean, organized home.  Not me.  

My plan is to go room by room and figure out what's working and what's not and how we can make everything function easier/faster/better, etc.  The first on my list is the laundry room.  Our laundry room was never fully finished and basically just consists of a washer and dryer sitting on the basement slab and two wire shelves on the wall.  We've bought flooring and paint and plan to create storage space to make that small, cramped room perform a little more efficiently.  I figure I have to do laundry, might as well make the room a little more exciting to be in. 

There are several other resolutions, but those are the two biggest that I think will have a large impact on my life and our family life for years to come.  

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment