Sunday, November 4, 2012

5 Years!

Seven years ago today, I went to eat Mexican with a guy who I thought was just a new friend. We had met the month prior through our mutual friend, Katie, and had talked to each other almost everyday on the phone since. He was someone I could share everything with. He listened to me go on and on about my ex (I was fresh out of a 4-year long relationship); he stayed on the phone with me for hours while I was at a party and everyone else was too drunk to talk to; and he was my support when I went through the interviewing process for my first real grown-up job…

I should have realized he was more than a friend, but blind (in every since of the word) me didn’t see it. He did though. And I’m so thankful he did! That little dinner ended with a kiss and I was in love. He was too, just in case you were wondering! So, two years later to the day, we got married!


Happy 5th Anniversary, Charlie!

November 4, 2007

I am honored to call you my husband and the father of my children.
Every day I fall more in love with you and our life together;
and I hope to have many, many more half-decades of love as wonderful as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment