I have been dreading Tuesday, September 18, 2012 since the day I turned 29. Sadly, it's true what they say, life does fly by quicker when you get older and this past year didn't disappoint. I'm not sure why I took turning 30 so hard, but I moped around the whole week before and was getting seriously depressed. I began to think about all of the things on my "Before I'm 30" list and only a handful of those things had actually been achieved. I suppose I thought that all of those things on the list would no longer be accessible once I rolled over into my thirties. I'm silly, I know. A co-worker reminded me that my list didn't need to be thrown away, just tweaked a little and that are 10 more years until I turn 40...thank you, Angela.
No obscene amount of gray hairs had popped up overnight; no abnormal creaks or pains in my joints; and no black cloud raining on me. When I awoke that morning, I was the same person I was the night before. And behold, the day was a fairly normal day. A good day in fact. My co-workers bought me pizza for lunch and I had an awesome birthday cake. Charlie took the family out to eat at Red Robin that night and it was yummy! And then there was the most expensive birthday gift I've ever received:
My wonderful husband bought me a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder! He knew how sad I was about turning 30 and how badly we needed a larger vehicle (my trusty 2007 Ford Fusion was an amazing car, but just getting too small) and decided to surprise me with this. I love it! It definitely made turning 30 a little easier.
Now that I'm a month into my thirties, I can honestly say that I love it. I have my days when I miss what used to be and what didn't happen, but I am so happy with where I am at. I am married to an amazing man, have two of the cutest kids who make me smile everytime I look at them and we are all healthy. Cannot ask for much more than that.
And, I still have a little more than 9 years left to enjoy my thirties...and dread my forties. Chuckle chuckle.

No comments:
Post a Comment